Development board based on M2354 microcontroller
The M2354 NuMaker-IoT board integrates the computing power of NuMicro® M2354 IoT Series and complete microcontroller security functions, and equips Wi-Fi and LoRa communication modules on the board. The NuMaker-IoT board with prebuilt APP is a demo code based on Mbed OS. It could sense pressure, temperature and humidity then displaying on the LCD panel. In the meantime, the data also be sent to the AWS cloud by on-board Wi-Fi module. For monitoring IoT device easily, Nuvoton provide NuCloudConnector which is designed to connect IoT cloud server and monitors IoT devices' status or data.
In addition to comply with the Arm V8-M Trust Zone architecture, the M2354 also implements the Arm open source firmware (TF-M) trusted-firmware-m to protect the IoT device completely. Because of this security architecture, the data encrypted/decrypted services and sensitive data storage is under the hardware isolation control.
The prebuilt APP is developed under this security architecture. When the NuMaker-IoT-M2354 runs this demo, it starts handshaking with cloud server to check IoT device’s certificate stored in the secure region. The certificate only can be used by calling TF-M API. After the verification finished, the environmental data is sent to the AWS cloud thru mbedTLS.
• NuMicro® M2354KJFAE used as main microcontroller with function downward compatible with:
• Arduino UNO compatible extension connectors
• mikroBUS compatible connectors
• CAN and RS485 transceiver
• 8COM/40SEG LCD with panel
• Wi-Fi module
• LoRa module:
- NuMaker-IoT-M2354U for 915 MHz
- NuMaker-IoT-M2354C for 433 MHz
• Ammeter connector for measuring the microcontroller’s power consumption
• Fixable board power supply
- External VDD power connector
- Arduino UNO compatible extension connector VIN
- USB OTG connector on M2354 target board
- ICE USB connector on Nu-Link2-Me
• On-board Nu-Link2-Me debugger and programmer:
- Debug through SWD interface
- On-line /off-line programming
- Virtual COM port function