Offers the next industry standard for secure IoT devices.
The NuMicro® M23 Family is based on the Arm® Cortex®-M23 core and is empowered by the Arm® TrustZone® for Armv8-M architecture.
With TrustZone® implemented, memory and peripherals could be divided into secure and non-secure worlds to achieve data integrity, firmware update and operation security. In addition, TrustZone® for Armv8-M provides the key benefit of context switching between secure and non-secure worlds by hardware for faster transitions and greater power efficiency.
In addition to the security capability, NuMicro® M23 Series inherits the standard set of Cortex-M0+ as the ultra-low power microprocessor in a tiny footprint.
With the two key features of security and ultra-low power, NuMicro® M23 is built for small, energy-sipping IoT and embedded products.
With the capability of small-sized and low-power devices, NuMicro® M23 provides security, enhanced efficiency, performance, and scalability for deployment even in the most constrained contexts.
The NuMicro® Family Cortex®-M23 based MCUs are composed of the following product series:
- M2351 Series: 64 MHz CPU, up to 512 KB of Flash memory, up to 96 KB of SRAM memory, and provides high-performance connectivity peripheral interfaces such as UART, SPI, I²C, GPIOs, USB and ISO 7816-3 for a smart card reader.
- M2354 Series: running at a frequency of up to 96 MHz, built-in 1MBytes dual-bank architecture Flash memory, can support real-time memory re-map to execute the updated firmware version after a successful firmware over-the-air update (Secure FOTA Update).
- M251/252 Series: running up to 48 MHz with up to 256 KB Flash and up to 32 KB SRAM. The power consumption in the deep power-down mode is down to 2.0 μA; NuMicro M251/M252 Series provides five kinds of power modes and three kinds of secure protection mechanisms to satisfy the sensor node devices which care about power consumption in IIoT applications.
- M254/256/258 Series: based on Arm Cortex-M23 core using Armv8-M architecture with COM/SEG LCD display driver and capacitive touch key functions; a USB 2.0 full-speed device is also equipped to support communication with PC/Mobile accessories. It runs up to 48 MHz and features up to 256 Kbytes Flash memory, up to 32 Kbytes SRAM, 1.75V ~ 5.5V wide operating voltage, 5V I/O tolerance, and -40℃ to +105℃ operating temperature.
- M261/262/263 Series: running up to 64 MHz with 512 Kbytes embedded Flash memory in dual bank mode supporting Over-The-Air (OTA) firmware update and 96 Kbytes embedded SRAM. It also supports low supply voltage from 1.8 ~ 3.6V and an operating temperature range from - 40 ~ + 105 ℃.