Advanced development board of NuMaker-IoT-MA35D1-A1
The NuMicro® MA35D1 series is a heterogeneous multi-core microprocessor targeted to high-end edge IIoT gateway. It is based on dual 64-bit Arm® Cortex®-A35 cores with speed up to 1 GHz, and one 180 MHz Arm® Cortex®-M4 core. Based on the high-performance cores, the MA35D1 series facilities the tiny AI/ML for edge computing.
The MA35D1 supports 16-bit DDR2 and DDR3/ DDR3L SDRAM. For an easy system design and manufacture, the MA35D1 series also offers LQFP and BGA packages stacked with the DDR2/DDR3L SDRAM and density up to 512 MB, which significantly reduces PCB layer, size and electromagnetic interference (EMI).
The MA35D1 series is a trusted system for IoT products' security requirements. It includes several advanced security mechanisms such as Nuvoton Trusted Secure Island (TSI) an isolated secure hardware unit, TrustZone, secure boot, tamper-detection, built-in cryptographic accelerators, and a TRNG, as well as Key Store and OTP memory. All the security operations are performed in the TSI to protect sensitive and high-value data. The features also satisfy customers in IEC 62443 certification requirements.
For high-end edge IIoT gateway requirements, the MA35D1 series provides multiple advanced and high-speed connection interfaces, such as Gigabit Ethernet, SDIO3.0, USB 2.0 HS, and CAN FD, for edge gateway and new energy applications.
For HMI applications, the MA35D1 series provides a LCD display controller with the resolution up to 1920x1080 at 60 FPS, a 2D graphic engine, a JPEG and a H.264 decoder integrated for better graphical HMI effects and video playback.
The NuMaker-IoT-MA35D1-A1 evaluation board provides the Ethernet and connectivity features of Nuvoton NuMicro MA35D1 series microprocessors, based on MA35D16F987C (LQFP216 package, and stacking a 512 MB DDR). The NuMaker-IoT-MA35D1-A1 includes rich peripherals such as one set of Gigabit Ethernet, one set of Megabit Ethernet, high-speed USB2.0 Host and device, one set of SD3.0 in MicroSD slot, one set of CAN FD, and RS-485 and RS232 serial communication ports. Furthermore, the NuMaker-IoT-MA35D1-A1 provides discrete power supply to be the reference design. It also provides compatible headers with Raspberry Pi and Arduino UNO for minimizing effort in connecting popular sensors and modules to the system. Based on these features, it helps user to facilitate the evaluation in IIoT Edge Gateway, Smart Building, Smart Agriculture, T-Box, 4G/5G Base Station, or your creative applications.
• Main Chip: MA35D16F987C (LQFP216) MCP package with DDR3L (512 MB), which can run up to 800 MHz
- Dual Cortex-A35 core running up to 800 MHz
- Cortex-M4 processor core running up to 180 MHz
- Real-Time Clock (RTC)
- 5V/2A Power Jack, USB VCOM Port or HSUSB0 Device
- Battery header for RTC power
- UART debug port (UART0): USB Virtual COM (VCOM) port
- Debug port: SWJ (JTAG + SWD) connector
• Memory Devices
- Power-on Setting DIP switches for system booting selection
- Quad SPI Flash (QSPI0): Winbond SPI-NAND Flash W25N04KWZEIR (512 MB)
- NAND Flash: Winbond NAND Flash W29N08GVSIAA (1 GB)
- MicroSD memory card (SD1, supports SD3.0)
• One Gigabit Ethernet: 1 x RGMII PHY (RTL8211FDI-CG) and RJ45 port connector
• One 10/100 Megabit Ethernet: 1 x RMII PHY (RTL8201FI-VC) and RJ45 port connector
• Two High Speed USB: HSUSB0 (Host/Device) and HSUSB1 (Host)
• One Raspberry Pi 40-pin header connector
• Arduino UNO compatible extension connectors
• One Camera Capture (CMOS sensor) header connector
• One Audio codec (NAU88C22) with microphone input and speaker output
• One set of RS232: Transceiver and header connector
• One set of RS485: Transceiver and header connector
• One set of CAN FD: Transceiver and header connector
• Four Key buttons
• Three user defined LEDs